Estimate 30,000€ – 50,000€
This impressive vehicle, identified by its chassis number #22033, was produced in 1943 and is equipped with its original White 160 AX engine, bearing the serial number #28907. It is currently in a running condition, demonstrating its mechanical prowess. What makes this vehicle truly special is that it has retained its authentic army-used appearance, showcasing a captivating patina that adds to its historical appeal.
Among its notable features is a complete machine gun ring securely fixed on its armor, accompanied by a functional trolley. This highlights its military origins and adds an element of authenticity to its overall presentation. Additionally, the vehicle boasts an original front winch, manufactured in Tulsa, Oklahoma, which further enhances its functionality and utility.
To enhance communication capabilities, this vehicle is equipped with a radio set of the type ANGRC-9, accompanied by a power supply and an LS-3 loudspeaker. This inclusion reflects the vehicle’s role in facilitating communication during its time in service. Furthermore, it has been fitted with new front tires, ensuring improved traction and reliability while on the move.
In summary, this vehicle’s combination of historical significance, running condition, original features, and recent upgrades make it a compelling addition to any collection or enthusiast’s inventory.
The M3 White Halftrack, a widely recognized and versatile vehicle, comes with the following technical specifications:
- Manufacturer: White Motor Company
- Production Years: 1940-1945
- Weight: Approximately 9.8 tons (depending on variant)
- Length: 6.05 meters (237.8 inches)
- Width: 2.24 meters (88 inches)
- Height: 2.5 meters (98.5 inches)
- Engine: White 160AX 6-cylinder gasoline engine
- Displacement: 386 cubic inches (6.3 liters)
- Horsepower: Approximately 147 horsepower
- Transmission: 4-speed manual transmission
- Maximum Speed: Approximately 40-45 mph (64-72 km/h)
- Range: Approximately 200 miles (320 km)
- Fuel Capacity: Approximately 60 gallons (227 liters)
- Crew Capacity: Driver, co-driver, and up to 12 passengers
- Typically equipped with one or more Browning M2 .50 caliber machine guns or M3 Browning .30 caliber machine guns, mounted on a ring mount.
- Armor: Varying thicknesses ranging from 6mm to 12mm (0.24 to 0.47 inches)
- Suspension: Semi-elliptical leaf springs on all wheels
- Tires: 8.25 x 20 inches, pneumatic tires
- Operational Range: Approximately 150-200 miles (240-320 km)
- Additional Features: Some variants included an armored roof, rear troop compartment, and optional winch for recovery operations.
Please note that specific models and variants of the M3 White Halftrack may have slight variations in specifications.