Dodge D5 Cabriolet, production 1937.
Rare classic from the Dodge Brother company in the USA, production limited to 473 produced. This D5 was restored in body, the seats leather and details in 2009.
Very good condition and beautiful presentation, French registration card in collection.
Sale price: 35 900 €
If you are interested then please CLICK HERE to see their website to see a selection of great items including this vehicle.
THIS HAS NOW SOLD – Check out the photos below and their website for more amazing vehicles.
- Engine: 3.8 L or 4.0 L inline six-cylinder or 5.2 L or 5.3 L V8 engine
- Horsepower: 103-119 hp for the inline six-cylinder engine and 140-160 hp for the V8 engine
- Transmission: 3-speed manual or Fluid Drive automatic transmission
- Drive: Rear-wheel drive
- Suspension: Front and rear leaf springs with live axles
- Brakes: Hydraulic drum brakes on all wheels
- Wheelbase: 119-123 inches
- Length: 202-213 inches
- Width: 74-78 inches
- Height: 63-68 inches
- Curb weight: 3,400-3,800 lbs
History of the D5 Convertible
The Dodge D5 was a full-size car produced by the Chrysler Corporation from 1939 to 1941. It was introduced as a replacement for the Dodge D8, and was offered in a range of body styles, including sedans, coupes, and convertibles.
The Dodge D5 Convertible was a two-door open-top model that featured a power-operated convertible top, chrome-plated bumpers, and a distinctive grille with horizontal bars. It was powered by a 3.8-liter straight-six engine that produced 91 horsepower, which was paired with a three-speed manual transmission.
The D5 Convertible was only produced for a short time, from 1939 to 1940, due to the outbreak of World War II and the subsequent shift in production towards military vehicles. As a result, the D5 Convertible is a rare and sought-after collector’s item among classic car enthusiasts.
Despite its short production run, the Dodge D5 Convertible is considered a significant model in the history of Dodge and the American automobile industry. It showcased the company’s commitment to design and engineering, and served as a bridge between the pre-war and post-war eras of automotive design.